Creating an AWS certificate for SSL
Optional process if you want to use SSL with your BlockScout instance
If you do not want to use SSL, you can disable by adding the
use_ssl = "false"parameter to the
1) Go to https://console.aws.amazon.com/acm/. Select provision certificates and click on get started:
2) Request a Public Certificate.
Request a certificate
3) Add a domain you have access to and click Next.
This does not need to be the same domain for deployment - as long as it’s a valid ARN on your account it will pass verification.
Add your Domain name
4) Choose your validation method (your preference) and click Review.
Choose either method and click Review
5) Review your information and click Confirm and request.
Click Confirm and request
6) Click Continue to begin validation.
Continue to Validate your certificate
7) Confirm the Domain:
- DNS Validation: Create a CNAME record in the DNS configuration for each of the domains listed below.
- Email Validation: Receive email and follow link
8) Approve the Certificate
Click I Approve to complete the process
9) In the AWS Certificate Manager, click on the domain name to view the certificate details. Copy and paste your ARN into the
alb_certificate_arnfield in the
Copy and Paste the full ARN into the alb_certificate_arn field in terraform.tfvars