Each transaction on a blockchain has a unique identifier called a hash. The transaction hash is created cryptographically from the details of a transaction such as the sender, receiver, value, additional data, and nonce.
Similar to address tags, transaction tags are useful for specifying and organizing transactions in the Blockscout interface. When logged in, a small grey tag will be added with the chosen name to any tagged transaction.
- 1.Go to Transaction Tags in the user menu.
- 2.Press Add transaction tag.
2) Fill in the fields.
- 1.Transaction. Double check you are entering the correct transaction hash. Search in Blockscout to confirm.
- 2.Name. Create a name for the tag (35 characters or less). Emojis are a nice way to differentiate and add style and color to tags.
- 3.Press Save.
3) Transaction tag added to the Transaction Tags home screen. You can add additional tags or remove old tags from here.
4) View tags in Blockscout. They will appear with a grey background next to the transaction hash.
Note, you must be logged in to My Account to see your transaction tags.